i think it’s safe to say that music is one of the biggest parts of my life. my music taste is …eclectic and strange and wonderful and i have no reason for it other than THESE SONGS ARE AMAZING so here is a small sample:
- me and your mama – childish gambino
- a-yo – lady gaga
- love at first sight – the brobecks
- sex and question marks – the wombats
- toothpaste kisses – the maccabees
- cherry wine – hozier
- white ferrari – frank ocean
- first day of my life – gnash ft. goody grace
- cocoon – milky chance
- prelude no. 15 – chopin
- sparks – coldplay
- pipedreams- willie j healey
- lava glaciers – riff raff ft. childish gambino
- hung over – glue70
- summer dress – july talk
- passenger seat – death cab for cutie
- sex – eden
- hazey – glass animals
- #88 – lo-fang
- madness – muse
- graveyard whistling – nothing but thieves
- northern downpour – panic! at the disco
- get over it – rat boy
- glowing eyes – twenty one pilots
- she’s got you high – mumm-ra
- i feel it coming – the weeknd ft. daft punk
- it’s you – zayn
- girls like me – will joseph cook
- light down low – max ft. gnash
- to me – chet faker
- life on mars? – david bowie
- wake me up – ed sheeran
- put a flower in your pocket – the arcs
- jailbreak – awolnation
- everglow – coldplay
- redbone – childish gambino
ah there’s such a lovely feeling in my chest after hearing all those songs again. bonus: my favourite christmas song is christmas lights by coldplay.
all the best x
today was a good day: i laughed and learned and loved.
- i talked and joked with people that i’ve never thought about speaking to, and that gives me hope. something sparks inside me when i make someone laugh, or when they smile at me across the classroom. note: people are friendly, let them be.
- i also finished a lot of coursework. motivation and determination have finally re-visited, and it feels good to see them again. i spent yesterday evening with a set of colourful pens, describing protein synthesis and how a sitar is played.
- i am finally out of that phase of hopelessness, nihilism and sadness. i am finally excited and ready for life. i am finally happy to live. a few weeks ago, i painfully remember saying to my friend: “imagine how easy it would be to not exist”. i am ashamed to have stooped so low but now my mindset has done a complete u-turn.
- my music taste has consisted of childish gambino, the weeknd and frank ocean. i’m starting to run out of new tunes (which is one of the worst feelings ever!)
- i didn’t see my ex today. i don’t know why i think that is significant enough to write about but i’m strangely empowered by that. i’ve promised myself that i will speak to him again; to tie up loose-ends and to say my thank-you’s and good-bye’s. not now, though. i think i’m too afraid.
- i had an apple at break-time.
- i saw a friend from another time today. how strange and nostalgic. i wonder if he also felt that rush of distant memories and that bittersweet reminiscence that i did.
- i have been struck by a terrible case of wanderlust (caught from my friend who keeps showing me pictures of faraway places). i am so excited to grow up and travel the world and get lost in its endlessly intricate beauty. the other day, i introduced our plan to travel over the summer to my mother, who instantly declined. i love her, and i completely understand her decision but i can’t help but feel disappointed. i’ll have to think a bit more.
so, that was today. thank you for reading.
all the love